As a board-certified Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Christopher J. Pappas, DPM has been providing care in South Florida for more than 10 years. Dr. Pappas specializes in advanced surgical techniques including total ankle replacement, reconstructive surgery, Lapiplasty® – 3D Bunion Correction™, the Cartiva® SCI procedure for arthritis, and breakthrough non-surgical treatment options including regenerative medicine and ESWT (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy).
- Dr. Pappas completed his doctoral training in Podiatric Medicine in 2007 from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in New York City.
- He then completed his 3-year surgical residency training at Memorial Regional Hospital South in Hollywood Florida in 2010. He served as chief resident in his final year of residency, with an emphasis on foot and ankle trauma, total ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy, reconstructive soft tissue repair, and sports medicine.
“The best part of my job is seeing patients come in with pain, and knowing that nine out of ten times, we can take care of them and they can return to their lives, pain-free. My philosophy on patient care is that we have to remember that there is a person attached to those two feet. We have to look at the whole person, see them as an individual, and take into account not only what podiatric treatment they need, but what’s going on in the rest of the body as well.”
Current certifications of the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery include:
- Board Certification – Foot Surgery
- Board Certification – Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery
In 2010 Dr. Pappas joined Holy Cross Orthopedic Institute, one of the top nationally-ranked orthopedic centers in the country, performing more than 250 surgical procedures a year.
Current specialties include:
- Reconstructive foot and ankle surgery
- Total ankle replacement (with the INFINITY™ Total Ankle Replacement System)
- Lapiplasty® – 3D Bunion Correction™
- Cartiva® SCI procedure for arthritis
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
- Regenerative Medicine Therapy – including Plasma-Rich Platelet Therapy, AmnioFix®, and Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate